Every now and then, we gotta take some time off from the hustle and bustle of life. Be it a quick coffee break at your favorite spot, that sacred park bench solely reserved for letting the world stop for even just a few minutes, or a secret garden to reflect, relax, and unwind.
Personally, I haven’t found my “spot”, it’s a toss between our family’s couch when everyone’s out or any corner that is quiet. This April though, Ayala Malls might have just given me an answer. They’re already known for their open spaces and their knack for perfectly letting concrete and plant life coexist in harmony – and it’s about to get even better!
Last April 5, 2016, at the beautiful Lov’Em Blooms lunch
Photo by Russ Kikuchi
This April, Ayala Malls will be opening gardens filled with a diverse display of Philippine orchids and ornamental plants – aka I call dibs! Kidding! There’s plenty for all as you can anticipate these at Glorietta, Greenbelt, Alabang Town Center, Trinoma, Fairview Terraces, Ayala Center Cebu, Centrio Mall, Ayala Malls Solenad, and U.P. Town Center! If the set-up of the Lov’Em Blooms lunch is a teaser of what’s to come, then, I SERIOUSLY CAN’T WAIT!
“A Glass of the Sea” traveling exhibition in partnership with The Mind Museum
More than just for aesthetics and reminding us of how beautiful nature is, this new campaign is all about supporting sustainable green living! Yep! You don’t just get a beautiful garden to Instagram, you also get to learn and experience new things!
What you can look forward to:
- Green Walks – a guided learning experience wherein speakers and volunteers from the Philippine Native Plants Conservation Society, Inc. will share tidbits and trivia behind the most populat native trees and other flora than can be found at Ayala Malls.
- Art by the Garden – join different art activities like a Flower Watercolor Painting session, Van Gogh Paint by Number workshop, Still Life Flower Sketching, Flora & Fauna Watercolor station, and Nature Sketch Art station.
- Meet Your Gardener – listen to experts on how to tend and nurture your own growing gardens.
- Blooms Market – be in awe as local producers/growers, florists, designers, stylists, and local botanical suppliers showcase their best blooms and plants in a series of flower and garden exhibits.
- Stories of the Sea – a traveling, interactive exhibition which sheds light on amazing under the sea discoveries that also strives to remind us of the beauty of marine life and the importance of its conservation.
- Lego Outdoor Display – gaze at the intricate, man-made pieces that capture various floras.
Sign me up for everything please!
And now, introducing a new segment on gelabeef.com…
WHAT GELA WORE! I’ve been using that hashtag for all my outfit posts on Instagram, and so I thought, why not apply it on here as well?
Photos by John de Leon
After the lunch, JP, DG, Maxine and I took some outfit photos! #BloggersGonnaBlog I wanted to wear something breezy since the summer heat hasn’t been so lovely these days (unless you’re at the beach). And I couldn’t wait to wear my new purchase from HM – guess how much I got these Miu Miu-esque patent boots for? Oh! And my hair’s in a bun because I thought I was late to the lunch and had no time to fix it. Huhu! But, I believe it still worked with the whole clean and sharp look that I was going for.
Still looking for that place where you could take a breather? Discover #LovemBlooms this April and maybe, just maybe, you’ll find the one. 😉
I feel like you might bump into me chilling in of the gardens soon!
But now the LORD my God has given me rest on every side, and there is no adversary or disaster. – 1 Kings 5:4
All the best,