Hello everyone! 🙂 Last rainy Sunday (before Maring went cray on the Philippines huhu) I met up with Erika to “get our fitness on”. But alas, we ended up making some healthy eats instead! Check her blog out for an easy peasy protein shake without needing whey powder (yes, it’s possible)! 🙂
I on the other hand, made use of the abundance of bananas at Erika’s place! Bananas basically go with anything and everything right? So, I decided to make a super easy (albeit healthy) banana treat! 🙂
Dark Chocolate Nutty Banana Bites
Prep time: 3 hours (including freezing time…mostly freezing time HAHA! You can choose to lessen the freezing time though if you’re really hungry!)
Ingredients: 3 bananas, peanut butter (crunchy if you may!), 2 bars of dark chocolate (organic = much better!), and wax paper
Yield: More or less, 32 bites
1. Slice yo buhnanas gurl!
2. Get your wax paper and place it on top of a tray or cooling rack.
I pulled a Violet Baudelaire and found these wooden racks of sorts in Erika’s kitchen to act as our cooling racks and they work just as fine! 🙂
3. Place your sliced bananas on top of the wax paper and then it’s…
4. …peanut buttering time! 😀
Place a generous amount of peanut butter on top of each banana slice.
5. Using your other banana slices, place them on top of your peanut buttered ones. Assemble them like a sandwich or a burger!
6. You can actually stop here and eat these yummy mini PB & B sandwiches already! BUT! You’d miss out on the chocolately goodness! SO! Drop that tray homey and pop it in the freezer for an hour (this step is needed so that they won’t fall apart during the chocolate covering process)! 🙂
While my bananas were chillin’ (get it? chillin? weheheh), I decided to mole Erika while she made us some super yummy whey-less protein shakes! You like the mustache? :3
Why dark chocolate? Although white or milk chocolate are my favorite kinds, we’re going for the healthier option! Dontcha know that dark chocolate has a lot of health benefits? 🙂
7. Now it’s time to bring on the chocolate! Heat it in the microwave for about 1 to 2 minutes, in medium heat.
8. Carefully take it out of the microwave (the bowl’s really hot) and cover your banana burgers in dark chocolate goodness!
By the way, be swift like Taylor! Because tempered chocolate solidifies fast! If not, you can always reheat your chocolate and repeat the coating process.
9. Pop yo dark chocolate covered banana burgers in the freezer for about 2 hours (or more, depending on your patience level haha).
10. And then, after a few hours….TADAH! You can now pretend that you have made a fancy banana dessert! 😉
Erika and I apparently weren’t so patient (we were quite hungry) and so we only froze them burgers for only 30 minutes! :)) Nevertheless, they were still YUMMY!
What does it taste like? It’s somewhat a healthier dupe for Snickers! 🙂
If you’re watching what you eat, 2-3 bites is enough for you lassie! But if you plan to YOLO…eat them all WAHAHAHA!
Tag me on Instagram, Twitter, or message me if you decide recreate this recipe! 🙂
All the best,
P.S. I heard y’all interested in trying out Barre3! So I’m giving out 10 free single class passes here on Elbeef this week! 😉