When I was young girl, I made this ultimatum of sorts with myself – I was going to be whoever I wanted to be.
I wanted to be a broadway baby, a ballerina, a journalist, a pianist, a painter, a scientist, a popstar, a spy/detective, a restaurateur…I wanted to be everything! Thankfully my parents were kind enough to let me try all of those things out (well except for the spy part, although I did volunteer as our village’s Harriet the Spy/Nancy Drew haha). So which career did I end up picking? Who am I now? Who is Gela M.? What really is the beef about Gela?
22 years later, here I am, a BFA ID graduate from Ateneo, part time graphic designer/events consultant, stylist, blogger, MWLP (model when life permits lol), one part hippie chic & two parts rockstar, and an aspiring musician. Hehe! I guess my little girl self would be proud of me because I’m still trying to be a lot of things. Although it’s confusing sometimes because I don’t think there’s a career that will allow me to be all of the aforementioned things. OR IS THERE?! Hmmm!
But as Jordin Sparks said, take one step at a time, there’s no need to rush! I’ll find that perfect career for me soon enough. 😉
Now that were on this beefy topic, let’s keep the beef rollin’! Here are a few facts about me:
1. I am a pig lover/advocate/pig-ertarian?. As much as possible I don’t want to devour anything porky. Pigs are friends not food! HAHA! Well for me at least.
2. I have a dislocating right knee cap. I used to be a volleyball player, ballerina, and dancer. I was pretty active! ‘Till one faithful day, when my knee decided to hate me and thus began the life of not so active Gela.
3. I believe I was British/African American in my past life. Lol! I think that’s why I randomly speak with a British accent sometimes/love to rap (or at least try to)/speak like I’m from the hood.
4. I am an aspiring musician. Ever since milads! Ever since! I knew I was born to entertain ever since I was a wee lass. How’d I know? I’d dance, sing, act – all that shebang, every chance I could! But now I just really want to sing, write songs, perform them, and hopefully inspire people while I’m at it. 🙂
5. Art makes me happy. I love to draw, create things, arts & crafts, and painting. I also love Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. They fall under art I guess? HAHA! #sabaw
6. I love 80s movies/romcoms. Blame it on Molly Ringwald, she started it all.
7. I’m weird/a weirdoe/sabaw person. HAHA! No really I am. I’m not afraid to be crazy/goofy and act all “what the pwet?!?”.
8. I am a positive pumpkin. I don’t know why but I always seem to be so optimistic about everything. BELIEVE IN THE BEST is my motto! Plus I love pumpkin soup…yum!
Wokay! I think to summarize a person’s whole being is quite pang-essay-ang-peg, and so I shall stop there.
What I’m trying to say is this: the little tidbits about ourselves, our quirks and our flaws, our God-given talents, the events that transpire throughout our lives, our goals/dreams, and even the way we look is what makes us who we are – the only girls.
Believe me when I say that THERE IS NOBODY, as in nobody, THAT IS EXACTLY LIKE YOU. Unless of course you have a twin sister/brother…I’m just kidding! Even twins are different from each other!
That’s what Unica Hija is trying to remind us through their Be the Only Girl campaign – WE ARE THE ONLY GIRLS and that we should definitely celebrate our uniqueness! So don’t ever think that being yourself is not enough, you are enough. 🙂
It’s time for you celebrate your uniqueness and be the only YOU! 🙂
How swakto is this blog post because Unica Hija is looking for The Next Unica Hija Online Ambassador!
Check THIS OUT to find out how you can be the next Unica Hija online ambassador and get to show the world why YOU are the only girl. 😉
I hope that this blog post is an insightful read! Hopefully, I gave you guys a compressed explanation as to why I am the only me and why you should believe that you are the only you.
And so I bid you adieu for now! I’m Gela Munoz, 22 years old, and is the only beefy girl! 😉
All the best,